Web Portal Not Syncing
Sorry, but the web portal is unusable for me as of right now. I gave it a first test today, for a couple of hours, but I need to switch back to Dropbox.
The sync just isn't working, not between web and web (various browsers on various devices), and not between web and my iPads (3 various iPads). All I'm getting are endless spinning wheels in the middle of the screen, and data that I entered on the web get lost or randomly overwritten all the time.
After I make edits on the web, am I supposed to push the syncing button manually every time? OK, but then all I'm getting is the endless spinning wheel in the middle of the screen – for 10, 15, or 20 minutes. Nothing is happening, and data does not get synced, and entered data may even get lost or overwritten. The same thing on all three iPads.
Apart from the non-working syncing, there are other awkward aspects of the web portal:
- No custom background picture is possible. (A big deal, for me.)
- US date format is enforced, including the awkward "AM". I don't want that. (Even after you, say, switch to the German interface, the US date format is still enforced, which is absurd. After all, "AM", "PM", etc., are never used in continental Europe.) The date format choice for the CSV file should also apply to the web interface.
- On the iPad, after an activity is ended and a new activity is started, it automatically starts with the time when the previous activity ended. That's very handy. Not so on the web: the new activity always starts with the current time, which is very inconvenient.
- I'd like to see an "export to PDF" option for the piecharts on the web as well.
If these issues are resolved, I'll be happy to purchase an annual subscription. Mostly, though, I'd welcome an Android version of ATracker with cross-platform syncing (I ditched the iPhone last September after 7 years). Thank you!
Official commentHello!We just started the web sync and closely monitoring the performance.The average response time for ATracker sync is 182ms, including the initial sync. For the the initial sync, it is about 900ms.But I can see from log, the sync time for you is above 2 minutes. I can see from log, you have a lot of entries, but we have tested with similar amount of entries in our test session and it only take seconds to sync.We will investigate on the data composing and check the cause of sync problem.Can you write us an email (email@example.com) to approve us to use your data to investigate the problem? Of course, the data will be used for investigation only.By the way, when you access https://Atracker.pro, how long does it to finish the load? That will give us some hint on the connection speed from your point to our service hosted by Azure (Microsoft) in US.This is our first version of Web sync. We will add customised background, 24h date format and export to PDF as well.Thanks for using web sync and sorry for the trouble it cause! We will keep improving the service!By the way, after you quit ATracker, you will still keep the log in status. I think in your case, the initial sync is never finished, so the log in info is not written to your device yet.We have fixed a major bug some hours ago (after your test). I am not sure whether that will fix your problem as well. If you have time, you can have it another try, or just let us access your web data to do some performance test. We will not change your data of course.Best regards.JianComment actions
Thank you for the response! Yes, absolutely, you can go ahead and use my data for testing purposes. (I've just also emailed you saying so.) Thank you also for your email response.
Yes, I'll be happy to continue testing the web portal in future. I realize it's the very first version and bugs need to be ironed out.
As to the time it takes to finish the load, do you mean now on the two devices where the initial sync was already completed? (At least it appeared completed!) Now, the load is very fast, a couple of seconds, or 5 seconds at most. (My location is Central Europe, the currently troubled country of Slovakia; no speed issues on an FTTH line.) I set it up in Chrome under Windows 10, and in Chrome on an Android tablet. The initial sync was extremely long in both places (ironically, longer on the notebook than on the tablet), but it appeared that the initial sync succeeded. No errors were reported, no more spinning wheels to be seen anywhere.
However, subsequent edits, on both devices, and in the iPad apps, kept getting lost and/or overwritten, and syncing simply wasn't working. There was only that endless spinning wheel in the middle of the screen, both on the web and in the iPad apps, and not just for 2 minutes, but for 10, 15, 20 minutes... Nothing was happening, so I had to force-quit the iPad apps / close the browser windows.
I'll be giving the web portal another try later on – perhaps the fix you performed also resolved my syncing issue.
Please sign in to leave a comment.